Sunday, November 3, 2019

Blair's 2nd week update - Thailand

Blair Edmiston's Week 2 Update - Chiang Mai, Thailand

Week 2 Chiang Mai Update


Photo 1: South of Pai (weekend trip)
Had a great second week in Chiang Mai. Have had the opportunity to work with three attendings, Drs. Adisak, Zhang, and Chatree, in both the inpatient and outpatient settings. Mornings have been either inpatient rounding or outpatient. Each attending will see up to 20 patients in morning clinic, which averages less than 10 minutes per patient. It’s quite efficient!

Time with Hematology Fellows

I’ve been to Thailand before, so I knew there would be no problems with making acquaintances and spending time with people. The hematology fellows took me out to some great restaurants and exposed me to some Thai dishes I’ve never had before. Have had a great time with them!


Weekend Trip

Made a weekend trip to Pai, which was spectacular. Did an 8 mile out and back hike to a waterfall, some light rock climbing, and hot springs. Just now back to Chiang Mai from this trip in fact!


Otherwise, besides all the above, I’m doing my best to learn some Thai. Haven’t enrolled in courses but am using apps, Youtube videos, and I take recordings from Thai people during the day.

‘Wadee khrup!

-Blair

Two weeks in

*disclaimer* This was written a few days ago and now being posted!   Mambo from Arusha! It has been two weeks into our four month long stay...